Aistemos Limited (AISTEMOS) respects the privacy of users, and aims to process any personal data submitted by those users in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). This policy sets out what kinds of personal data we may collect from you when you subscribe to or access Cipher or other Aistemos systems, and how we will process that data.
For the purpose of the DPA, the data controller is Aistemos Limited, whose principal place of business is 3rd Floor, 90 Long Acre London, WC2E 9RA.
What kinds of information may we collect from you?
In the course of providing Aistemos services, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Basic personal information about you (such as your name, company, telephone number, address and email address) that you provide to us when subscribing to Cipher, registering as a user, or in the course of using our services.
- Information about your visit that is automatically collected by the website (such as technical information about your browser type and settings, your operating system, your internet protocol (IP) address, searches submitted and session length).
- Information received from other sources (such as our own service providers in technical, payment, delivery and analytics services).
What uses do we make of that information?
The information that we collect about you may be used in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from our contract for the provision of Cipher.
- To ensure that the data within Cipher is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
By logging into and using Aistemos systems, you agree that we can use personal data about you in the above manner.
To whom may we disclose your information?
“Business as usual” disclosure to third parties. We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Aistemos systems.
Disclosure in the context of corporate transactions. We may share your personal information with third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Aistemos or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Disclosure required by law or for legal enforcement. We may share your personal information with third parties where:
- We are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation.
By logging into and using Aistemos systems, you agree that we may disclose your information as set out above.
Where do we hold and process your personal data?
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for us or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data to Aistemos, you agree to this transfer, storing and other processing. How are cookies used within Cipher?
Cipher uses the following kinds of cookie:
- Authentication cookies, used to secure your login, these are persistent
Additionally, the public website (aistemos.com) uses the following cookies:
- Performance cookies, which are session cookies
- Functionality cookies, which are persistent
- Cookies that are essential in order to enable you to move around Cipher and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, we are unable to provide the search services you require.
- Cookies that collect information about how users make use of the Aistemos Website, for analytics purposes. These cookies do not collect information that identifies any individual user personally. Information from these cookies is aggregated (and accordingly anonymous), and is only used to improve how the website works.
- Cookies that allow Cipher to remember your choices (such as your user name and previous searches) and to improve your experience of using Cipher. The information that these cookies collect cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using Aistemos systems, you agree that we can place these types of cookie on your device.
If at any time you wish to disable our cookies, you are able to do so through the privacy settings on your browser. However, please note that doing so may result in the loss of certain features of Cipher or the Website.
What are my rights in relation to the uses of my personal information?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting any such information) if we intend to use it for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cipher may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our data providers or other service providers. Please note that these third party websites have their own privacy policies, which you should check before submitting any personal information to them. Aistemos does not accept any responsibility or liability for these third party websites or for compliance with their privacy policies.
Under the DPA, you have the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any subject access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.